- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Computer Science
Undergraduate Coordinator for CS & IT: Dr. Mark Heinrich
Academic Advisor III: Jenny Shen
Foundation Examination: Prior to taking courses beyond basic core requirements, students must pass a foundation exam (COT 3960) which covers problem solving techniques, algorithms, abstraction, and programming language skills. Tests will be administered each semester. Refer to the computer science website for more information about the foundation exam.
- Students are required to consult with a departmental advisor and file a plan of study after passing the foundation exam
- Students must meet a Residency Requirement of at least 24 semester hours of regularly scheduled 3000-5000 level courses taken from the Computer Science Department at UCF
- 18 of the 24 Residency hours must be at the 4000-5000 level
- Students must earn at least a grade of “C” (2.0) in each course in sections 2-5. In addition, students must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA in all courses in section 4.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- A student who is excluded from CECS and COP majors may seek readmission to a major in CECS or COP after at least one full year has passed since exclusion. Readmission is not automatic and is dependent upon a high probability of success after readmission. Any student who is readmitted to the Computer Science major will be subject to all probation conditions that applied at the time of exclusion.
Tuition and Fees
$212.28 per credit hour
Learn more about program tuition and fees.